Monday, April 10, 2017

Updates! New Team, New Sponsors and New Adventures!




Mellow greetings friends!  It's been a bit since my last post so here's a quick recap of what's been going on in my world.  


New Team and Sponsor(s)!
I made the tough call after last season to step away from the Rev3 Ambassador team.  I met some great friends during my year with the team and it was a very tough decision to leave.  In the end, the decision came down to goals.  The goals that I have at the moment revolve around Xterra and trying to earn a trip to Maui for Xterra Worlds.  With that being my focus, it would have been hard for me to continue to be what Rev3 needed me to be and devote the time and energy that position deserves. I felt it was in everyone's best interests for me to open that spot up to someone who could be of more benefit to them.  I thank Rev3 and all my teammates for the opportunity and wish them nothing but the best!

For 2017 I will be flying the colors of Podium Racing Team p/b Visit Knoxville. I'm very excited to be a member of this elite team of athletes based out of Knoxville, TN.  We have some fantastic team sponsors this year including our title sponsor, Visit Knoxville along with Harper Auto Square, Yee-Haw Brewing Co., Provision Physical Therapy, Pilot Flying J, The Feed, and Stoke Signal Socks.  Along with team sponsors I'd like to thank my returning road wheel sponsor, Orr Cycling.  If you need a great set of deep dish carbon wheels at an awesome price, check out the Orr products.  This will be my third year racing on them and I couldn't be happier to represent them on the roads this year.  This year, I also have the privilege of racing on Nox Composites wheels off road.  I will be racing their Teocalli rims on the Xterra Southeast circuit in 2017.  

New Adventures
After spending all last year focusing on Ironman Lake Placid, I have decided that long distance isn't my thing.  I will be getting back to my roots a bit this year and really putting some effort into Xterra off road triathlon.  Xterra was originally my motivation for getting into triathlon and I really love the atmosphere of off road racing.  My stretch goal is a qualification slot for the Xterra World Championship race in Maui for 2018.  This year I'm doing 6 Xterras on the Southeast tour in an effort to re-familiarize myself with the off road format and improve for my bid at Maui next year.  

My season kicked off the first weekend of April with Xterra Blackwater in Milton Florida.  You can read my race report on the Podium Racing Team Athlete Blog.  

Next up for me is the Run Disney Dark Side Half Marathon and 10k double (which isn't really a "race" as much as it is a MUCH needed vacation).  After that it's back to the tri grind with a short build to Xterra Oak Mountain in May and then Xterra Knoxville in June.  I'll follow that up with Xterra Tsali, Xterra Whitewater and then Xterra Panther Creek.  There will be a couple of street sprints intermixed with the Xterra's early then after Panther Creek my focus will shift primarily to Street in a build toward the Kiawah Island Triathlon in September.




No comments:

Post a Comment